Sunday, September 17, 2006

Life, it's a funny thing



Well this is it. My home for the past five weeks and the next seven. I arrive here at 8:15 a.m. and don't leave until 4:30 p.m. (if I'm lucky!).

The real life has come. It is here to stay.

It stinks.

I keep thinking that maybe tomorrow when I come to school, I will suddenly have my own classroom and won't have to follow Mr. Brede (that's my cooperating teacher, you can see his back in the upper right) around all day. That just maybe, I will wake up one morning and won't be a measly student teacher anymore and will instead be a full-blown teacher.

That day has not come yet. It stinks.

I know that these twelve weeks are preparing me for my supposed career in teaching high school chemistry, but I am just ready to start. But there are seasons right? I suppose this is my season to be a litte puppy dog following around a grown man all day hoping that he can shed some insight into teaching upon my inquiring mind. I'm soaking it all in, but ready to be finished.

Which leads me to a whole new topic....

WHAT THE HECK AM I GOING TO DO COME NOVEMBER THIRD?????

Heather Hendrick hit everything that I am thinking about all of this right on the nose.

I know that I have a passion--one thing that I desire to pour everything that I am into--but I just don't know what it is exactly. I yearn to find it. I yearn to be recognized by my passion. So what is stopping me from diving head first into my passion and throwing my entire self into it?

Because I just don't know exactly what it is.

I have lots of things that I like to do and some things that I am good at, but how in the world am I supposed to put them together?

A question that I will continue to ask the Lord to answer. I know that He will lead me to my passion. I just have to wait through this season (and maybe a few more) before that passion becomes a reality. Until then, I will cling. Cling to hope, cling to HIM. I refuse to be mediocre. I refused to be balanced. I refuse to be under-whelmed.

I will live a passion-filled life.

.cb.

4 comments:

Hendrick Family said...

good girl

it will come

Heather

Anonymous said...

amen Sister Claire!

hopefully we will find our passion at the same time, then we can dive in together!

Anonymous said...

Heather is right; it will come.

And while you're waiting and praying for it to come, will you pray that my kid will hurry up and be born already?!!!

Love and miss you!
Aimee

D.O. said...

I feel that. Lots of waiting. Lots of stinking.

Good thing they're seasons, not... something longer than a season.