Sunday, September 10, 2006

A moment of silence please...



Above you will see the remains of my phone. May she rest in peace.
This phone served me well up until last night. She died in the Walmart parking lot by an accidental dropping.
I got this phone after I dropped my other one in the toilet. Remember that?! I must have abusive tendencies with my little phones.

I am now going through phone counseling, but in the meantime that means that no one can call me. Actually the full truth is that the bottom half is fully functioning, so you can call me I just won't hear you. Notice the nice blue light in the picture. And I can even call you, and you can hear what I say, but on my end its very lonely. Claire and Hay and I played fun little games with it last night.

I leave today for Italy! Yea! ---So really this whole phone thing happened at the perfect time. And my sweet friends decided they wanted to help earlier today by getting all my numbers out of my phone and put them in an excel spreadsheet so I could have them overseas. How helpful and perfect, considering the death that would take place later. Jesus even cares about my cell phone!

Well, seeing as there is a red blinking light on the working part of my phone that means someone called me. (Brookie, if its you, I am SO sorry! )

Thats it. We decided this blog was for the daily happenings. So there you go, my very mundane, but tragic experience.
Man, there are all kinda hints that I need to leave the country.


sv

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i would just like to let you know that your voicemail message is still on my voicemail. for those of you who don't understand what i am talking about, it's a long story. but, needless to say, numerous people have left very confused messages on my voicemail. so funny! i love you and i'm happy you made it there safely!

chelsea said...

THIS SAME THING happened to my SPRINT phone.

I don't think you are hard on your phones...I think they need stronger phones :)

Happy Italy!
Chelsea

Anonymous said...

thats amazing claire! you should leave it and just come to italy with me. that would fix everything.

Anonymous said...

oh bunkmate, if you only knew how inticing that sounds!

missing you like you wouldn't believe....