Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Brookie's Birthday Review

Hey! I just thought I'd let you all in on how my birthday went. I absolutely LOVED hearing from many of you. The e-mails, messages, notes, and packages were so much fun! It's not quite the same when I can't see some of my best friends in the world..... but, I had a great 36 hours (Thailand & Texas combined) of birthday fun. :)

The night before my birthday began here, I had dinner at a couple's house that Katie and I eat at every Sunday. It was absolutely wonderful! Sharon made me an aaaaamazing black forest cake. Sooooooo yummy! You'll also see my wonderful Thai birthday hat. (Hay, it reminded me of you!)

On my actual birthday I went to school to teach... b/c that's what I do here. Above my door was a wonderful sign that made me very, very happy. It read "Happy Birthday Miss Brandon." It took me a couple periods into the school day for me to notice it amongst all of the "vote for me b/c i'm cool" student council papers everywhere. I can't believe the school already knows me as a Texas Aggie.... it's fun though. I've had to do a few of our yells upon request.... which of course I thought was really fun.... everyone else just thinks I'm crazy. Anyway, I received a few unexpected, wonderful presents from my students as well (Victoria's Secret lotion, a pretty journal, and chocolate)!!!

Then, Katie and I went out to eat with Tommy and Beverly. They took us to a very nice Thai restaurant where I had my absolute favorite: Pad Thai. mmmm---mmmm---- good. I then had incredible mango ice cream to top it off.

That about sums the birthday bash up. I mostly enjoyed hearing from so many of you! Thanks so much to all of you for making my day special!

3 comments:

D.O. said...

what are these elections for? and why does Eric think we should vote for him over the other candidates?

Anonymous said...

how did that kid get Victoria's Secret lotion? Is that store in Thailand? Or does his mom stockpile it for times like these?

Brooke said...

i wondered that myself..... i haven't seen it here.... i'm thinking stockpile.