Monday, August 14, 2006

Out of Hiding!


I did it! 13 weeks at Pine Cove, DONE!

I understand that 2 new posts in one day is a bit much for the chicks, but on top of Brooke's AMAZING Thai/Aggie adventures today I must proclaim that Loop-Da-Loop has left Tyler, and I, Jessica, have returned to the place I call home, Friendswood, TX.

I have had an amazing summer. It was absolutely crammed packed with challenges, physical exhaustion, lots of SYSCO foods, approximately 100 families, 34 amazing high school girl campers of my very own, a HUGE BLUE POOL that I learned how to clean on my very own, lifeguarding EVERYDAY (my hairdresser's going to LOVE THAT), lots of amazing new friends, and continuing to learn how to serve the Lord with all that I have. I've been dressed up very silly (fortunately slash unfortunately my girls were terribly good at Bible memory), I've crawled around on my hands and knees in espionage forest more times that I can count, I've celebrated medieval knights, switcheroo, christmas in july, no siesta fiesta, caveman clash bash, camelot knights, dock rock, and zoot scoot, worn a yellow and orange Pine Cove opening day shirt and jumped like crazy to greet campers all in the name of Jesus. I've learned in a new way what 2 Cor. 12:9,10 means about boasting in my weaknesses. I've seen a lot more of mine this summer and recognize that the only way I've run this race has been through the unbelievable power of our savior. Being blessed to have my hands in the lives of high school girls for a mere six days only to let them go out into the scary world every Saturday, I've learned a lot about how hard it is for me to trust the Lord. He was so faithful to provide oppurtunities for the gospel, new friends, and beautiful scenery. In the end, it was amazing - amazingly hard, amazingly fun, amazingly stretching, but AMAZING.

As most of you know Tyler, TX will soon become that home, but for four whole weeks I'll be residing here in my parent's home (that's awfully weird--"my parent's home" we're getting so so old) minus a birthday party and bachelorette party in DFW and some partying in Austin for sis' birthday. My days will be filled with rest and relaxation. I'll play on my new computer (happy graduation, jess! love, mom and dad), and of course Mom's made about 10 appointments for me - you know those last minute appointments that parents make when their kids are no longer going to be in their care/dependent.

It is insane to me how dispersed we are all becoming. I miss my girls. Brooke's post today made me excited for her but a bit teary at the distance between us. I love you guys.
~js

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

you're back! oh i'm so excited that i can now call you whenever i want to and not have to wait until saturday after 3pm. oh, goodness! this is just great!!! i can't wait to see you!

Anonymous said...

jeeessss...you have returned to the world of news, cell phones, laptops, gum, movies, coffee and no cheers, no huma, no docka rock, no difficult campers and no jumping up and down at club with a full stomach- I am glad to have you back! I can't wait to talk to you--love you

D.O. said...

are you going to come play with Mikey, Jon and me in Dallas? cause you should.

Brooke said...

i miss you jess! i'm so so happy to hear how well your summer went. an entire summer filled with pine cove-ness... impressive. enjoy the next few weeks with fam and friends! love you!

Anonymous said...

jess! welcome back! i love you! i'm in colorado, but we'll talk soon! did you get my email about sept. 2?

Anonymous said...

I'm apparently the slow chick...I'm in Tennessee. I'm so glad you're back Jess! I can't wait to see you! Great Post!

Anonymous said...

hay, did you extend your stay?

Anonymous said...

Of course I extended my stay...it wouldn't be a Charlie visit if we hadn't added a day or 3! I'm back now and I want to see your face! You too Cla! and La! and Jess (come to DFW!) and Brookie ( I look at your picture alot...:) Love you.