Monday, August 07, 2006

reading for fun. what a concept!?

I have been to Barnes and Noble many many times this summer...wandering aimlessly looking at the books that inspire me to read! To read for fun...to read to learn...to read because I can!

I have only purchased ONE book this summer. Here's where you come in. I would love to continue adding to my library. I feel like my Christian Living type library is doing ok and there are plenty of books that I've been meaning to read, but at this point I'm looking for a good story to mix it up. Shallow, maybe? Fun, Yes! SO, to all our faithful readers I have a question...

What book(s) would you recommend to me (and others) for a good read? I'm not really interested in the kind of book that requires me to re-read each paragraph. I did that enough in college.

Thanks friends!

HH

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAY!!!!!
two things for you:

1) i am still waiting for a call back
2) you should read "A Severe Mercy" by Sheldon Van Auken. talk about soooooooooooo good!

also, I LOVE YOU!

D.O. said...

is this your first ever post? because me and your mom are facebook friends.

I've heard Catcher in the Rye is really good, and I went to Barnes today to read some of it but I got distracted by the books about "1001 Words that are Most Commonly Misspelled" and "25 Grammatical Errors Everybody Makes."

So you can try Catcher in the Rye if you like.

Hendrick Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brooke said...

run your head into a dresser???? really???? that made me laugh super hard.... almost as hard as one of the teachers here today when i walked into the staff lounge and found her growling at the copy machine and then said in her amazing scottish accent, "i'd like to lift this machinery into the pool"

Anonymous said...

you dont know me, but i thought i would throw out a couple of good books.

1. tales of a traveling nomad
2. the red tent
3. a severe mercy..which was recomended earlier is def. good!

enjoy your reading