Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a week of growth and another year older

Calling all chicks! Hello!

Now that I am done with training, this whole going overseas thing is starting to feel very real.
My team really is so fun. (read about them on my blog)
I has so much fun learning about living abroad and meeting new people. Specifically alot of cute boys. You can ask me about that later. :)

And since yesterday was my birthday, I thought I would tell you how fun being 23 is.
So far I really like it.
My facebook wall has never seen so much action.
I got to experience what it would be like to be the super popular kid in high school.















My parents had taken me out to dinner before I left for Colorado.
We went to the French Room in the Adolphus Hotel.
Fancy-schmancy.

For your mental picture: more silverware than you could possibly have use for. Waiters laying your napkin in your lap for you--because heaven forbid you do that yourself. Little crystal bars that your knife rests on so that you don't sully the tablecloth. And the most scrumptuous food that has ever passed your lips.

It was fantastic.
See, now I am 23 and mature enough to handle a restaurant like that.
I have arrived.

So for my real birthday (last night), my mom, sister, adopted sister Claire and Hayley took me out to dinner.
We had mojitos.
The night was a success.





(this little cocktail has lime and mint and sugar in it and whoever invented it should recieve an award)










sv

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I have graduated from bunkmate to adopted sister!?!? I like it!!! I was very happy to partake in the mojito drinking! FABULOUS!!!! And welcome to the world of being 23. Not that i know what it's like to be 23, but, hey....WELCOME!

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to welcome you into my now mature arms once again!

but don't worry, i mask the maturity with a whole lot of silliness so it doesn't seem like anything has changed.

Hendrick Family said...

It cracks me up to see this picture of Sarah and then, scrolling down, just a tad bit to see Jessica holding a toilet bowl cleaner...funny.