Tuesday, August 08, 2006

A Honeymoon, a Marriage and a new found job



Well Yes- It is me- I am finally updating the blog- I have emerged from my cocoon of newly-marrieddome and am publishing a post to give a little update-
First of all- Thank you to all of you who took part in the wedding- It would not have been the same without every one of you being there- second- married life has been wonderful thusfar-I am learning the art of living with a boy instead of living with 5 girls- there are way less dishes to do and the washing machine is always free to use whenever I need it- but it has been an adventure!
Above are a few honeymoon pics that I wanted to share- It was a wonderful time!
Also the grueling searching for a job is finally over! The Lord has been faithful to lead me and I have been trying my hardest to walk by faith in the light that I have so I accepted a job yesterday at a PR firm in Dallas located in the third tower offices of the Galleria! I really like everyone that I have met so far and am excited about the fall! Football season has just begun so that means that Brice's plate is full now- He loves it though- It is going to be an exciting season- You must come watch a game if you would like.
We continue to seek direction as to where the Lord will lead us next, but for now we just want to be faithful with the people and places that God has called us to right now- The Lord continues to remind us that "all flesh is grass" and to really take advantage of the moments that He gives us and "make the most of every opportunity"-
Well there is a little snip-it of life in the Helton Home- I will update again and give you an inside peak of the wierd sleeping habits of my new husband- he will love that!

ps- i couldn't figure out how to turn this so either turn your head or turn your computer! Thanks!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

yea for you La!! can't wait to hear the job details (hehe, margarita time tomorrow!!) . tell B-rice hi for me!

Brooke said...

YEA!!!! i'm so happy for you about the job! i wish i could jump up and down with you in person!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the post, but i did love hearing all of that in person yesterday before i read the blog! i'm so excited about being reunited once again! i don't know if brice is ready for you and me together again! i'll see you very very soon!

Anonymous said...

Lauren,
Congrats on the job! I could practically walk to your office...I mean I wouldn't want to because it is very hot, but just letting you know that I live very close. :) Did I read the word margarita above?!?
Jules

Anonymous said...

yes, julie. magaritas were mentioned. i know--gasp! thanks to Cantina Laredo, Hay and La and I had a wonderful four hour catch up time. That booth will have imprints of our tooshies for awhile!

Anonymous said...

Julie,
We are going to have to hang out!
How did your training go?
Have you already started your job?

And yes Sarah, that booth will never be the same!

Anonymous said...

Cantina Laredo in Lewisville?? That's so funny because my mom and I went there randomly on Friday night for margaritas...our booth was right behind the bar. I really liked it! Lauren, I'll email you soon to answer your questions!

Anonymous said...

I'm just plain sad that I live too far for margaritas.

and....does everyone know julie's big news? SHE'S ENGAGED!