Monday, April 28, 2008

ROCK'n TX

Two chicks were together this weekend.
So here is a blog.

We were also joined by our friend Jenn--she's fun!

We made the drive from Dallas and Austin to Katy, TX to attend the wedding of two very old friends--Ian and Gina ROCK!

A few very "chick" things occurred:

We hugged and talked in "baby language".

We got ready. (Chicks, you know how this goes--I am ready first and is rushing the other two out of the hotel room! Some things will never change.)

We rushed out the door (see above).

We made it to the wedding with about 5 minutes to spare. (All we cared is that we made it before Gina walked down the aisle, and it was a success!)

We laughed a lot.

We danced even more.

We were pooped by 9pm.


It was a fabulous wedding--Gina was beautiful and Ian was..well handsome (is that awkward to say??).

Jenn was a fabulous edition to the weekend and as you can see below would have fit it just perfectly with the 6 of us!


One thing that must be noted because I (Claire) am writing this blog under orders from Jess.

We woke up the next morning and went to our fabulous continental breakfast and was greeted with this.


I'm not even going to comment--you all know how I feel.


4 comments:

Brooke said...

a texas waffle?!?!?!? ARE YOU KIDDING ME??? sorry claire... you should've fed-exed it to me! i love texas, i love waffles, i love fed-ex.

i am sooooooooooooooooooooo sad i missed the wedding. i'm sure yall had a blast.

thanks for posting claire. you make my heart happy!

Sarah Vierling said...

well done. way to follow the newly mandated rules of this thing. i had been thinking to myself that you two were together--so surely there would be a new post and .... voila!!

as for the Texas waffle--just add it to the list of things that the shape of Texas looks good on.
belt buckle, check.
street signs, check.
bottom of Schmale pool, check.
breakfast food, double check with syrup on top.

you're just jealous.
and now I'm hungry...

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

I don't think they have Louisiana waffles Cla, do they??

Just wanted to drop by on Mother's Day to say to each of you that my mother's heart just loves SO MUCH what you did for my sweet Brookie---you know, the being her friend thing---she has been marked for life by each of you. And, always remember, I can't thank you enough.

I'd be mother to any of you BUT you all have such unbelievably awesome moms that you are covered. Know that you are doubly covered! I love you all dearly!
Brookie 2 Shoes' Mom
My Love and my Prayers for YOU!

Bev Brandon @ The Fray said...

Hey Jess, I can't figure out myspace to leave you a comment there so here it is here:
Britt is going to PC week 10---know anybody that will be there??
He is so excited about it!!!