Tuesday, November 08, 2005

i am so ridiculous

This is coming from boredom and sheer hiliarity. Ok, so I know how to cook. People enjoy my cooking--or they have lied to my face. Anyways, I am not all that bad, don't expect gourmet lamb chops or something, but the occassional casserole--or shall I say, mean casserole is known to get some pretty good reactions. However, recently, I have been what some would call absentminded, I personally think I am ridiculous. It all started about 2 weeks ago with an ugly incident of burnt popcorn. Now popcorn is a tricky timing issue, and although I thought I had it under control, the smoke filling the house would beg to differ. Since the humiliation lasted while each roommate proceeded to ask, "what is that smell?" when they came home, I figured I had gotten it out of my system. Not so fast, a replay of the burning happened a few days later with an unfortunate pot of rice. Not all of the contents burned, but it did taste significantly like a camp fire. Needless to say, it was kind of embarrassing falling from my status as "good cook" to "Sarah burned something again" in such a short amount of time. But tonight might just make a place for me in history. The only reason I am admitting to this is so other may share in the insanity of the situation. Ok people, I burned water. I wanted to make pasta, one of the easiest meals known to mankind, but I lost all track of time and did not realize my mistake until the entire kitchen and living room were filling with a haze. So for all those wondering what happens to water when it boils too long, I discovered tonite that it turns into this dust-like substance. Just thought you might want to know. Now I am off to buy dinner because I no longer trust myself to produce anything edible.
Sorry chicks for the smell.

sv

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try to save that dust like substance. It is dehydrated water. Then the next time you're thirsty you just pull out a bottle of your dust like substance, add water, and... Voila!

D.O. said...

anonymous,

How is thirsty Sarah going to add water to a bottle if she's thirsty? Why not just drink the water you've got instead of going through the trouble of rehydrating the dust? Illogical.